Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hello World!!!

Hello, and welcome to my blog! Since I get a lot of questions about my three-year-old daughter's naturally curly hair, the main focus of this blog will be about her hair maintenance and growth. The intent is to provide tips and inspiration for the parents of children with naturally curly and/or kinky hair. Sadly, many children with hair that is characterized as thick and hard-to-manage hair end up with chemical relaxers, usually because their parents have no clue how to manage it. The problem with relaxers is while they appear to be a quick fix for hard to manage hair, the chemicals can ultimately lead to thinning hair and damage which causes breakage. While my daughter's hair is relatively manageable, these tips can be used on any and every hair type from thin to thick, natural to relaxed. The key is to understand which tips work for your child's head (most of them will even work for you!) Anyhoo, I'm going off on a tangent here!

While this blog will mainly serve as a guide for parents about the "secret world" of properly growing, styling and caring for naturally kinky/curly hair, I also plan to include other posts that relate to other great tips, finds and hair inspirations for children of color. Check back for my tips on how to create a hair regimen for your child. Tweetles for now!

No comments: