Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Detanglers That I Love!!!

Every good hair care regimen for curly haired children should include a good detangler. I prefer a leave-in detangler that is moisturizing and not drying. I also prefer liquids detanglers as opposed to the creamy ones because I usually use a moisturizer afterwards. Also the liquid detangler sprays work better for me than the creamy ones. I have three detanglers that I use alternately.




Photobucket




The first detangler that I love to use on Sunshine's hair is Silken Child Leave-in Detangler. Silken Child is a kid friendly line made by Silk Elements. I love this because it is very moisturizing. It includes great ingredients like silk amino acids and aloe vera and it smells yummy! This is not a "cone-free" products, so please be aware of that. But, I love this for my dd - I even use it on myself sometimes. It is only sold in Sally Beauty Supply stores, but you can also find it in some online beauty supply stores.




Photobucket






The other detangler that I love is Sofn'Free'n'Pretty Olive Oil Detangling Spray. This detangler is very lightweight and gets the job done. I don't think it moisturizes as well as Silken Child, but it does what it's supposed to do and it's pretty easy to find since it's sold at stores like Wal-Mart and your neighborhood beauty supply stores. My only dislike with this product is that it does have mineral oil as an ingredient on the list.




Photobucket





The last detangler that I love is Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion. I know, that's a mouth full, right?! Since this one is a creamy detangler/moisturizer, I usually only use it after I wash her hair, or if I choose to use a liquid leave-in that is not doubling as a detangler. This product works really well, but I actually don't use it as often as my other products. I do know that there are many mocha moms out there who love this product for their dd's hair. There are even women who love this for their hair, as well. It works especially well for course hair. Be aware that this product does contain protein, so it needs to be balanced out with a moisturizer from time to time.


I like to detangle Sunshine's hair in sections. So, I'll take one section, get it really wet with detangler, then I comb it out with a wide tooth comb from tip to root. Then I moisturize, seal with oil, and style. What do you use to detangle?

No comments: